by Megan, New York Guest Concierge
Welcome to the second installment of our tips on attending TV show tapings while you’re in town! Today we’ll tell you about Daytime and Talk shows!
The View Tickets
• In Advance: There is generally a 12-24 month wait for tickets to The View. You can request tickets at http://theview.abc.go.com/tickets – you will need to create an ABC user account to put in a request. You may only request tickets for one date – requesting a second date will cancel both requests all together. Tapings are Mon-Thurs from 11am-12pm. If you do get tickets, you must arrive at the audience entrance of the studio (320 W. 66th St.) BY 9:30am. They frequently give out more tickets than the studio will hold, admittance is first come/first served.
• Last Minute: Anyone looking for tickets on the day of the show will get a standby number from the View Audience Associate at the studio audience entrance from 8-9am – people will begin lining up for this as early as 5am.
Good Morning America Tickets
• In Advance: ABC does not give out tickets to the show in advance – the limited number of people allowed into the studio are first come/first served on the day of the taping.
• Last Minute: Good Morning America films Mon-Fri from 7am-9am, people will arrive as early as 5am if they want to be close to the barricades/have a chance to get into the studio. There are no age restrictions for audience members. The taping takes place in Times Square on Broadway at 44th St.
Live with Kelly Tickets
• In Advance: Tickets are available on-line one month at a time, approximately one month in advance (ie tickets for May are available the last week of March.) You would fill out the request form at http://www.dadt.com/live/get-tickets.html. Tapings are Mon-Fri at 9am, ticket holders must arrive by 8am (the studio is at the southeast corner of Columbus Ave. & 67th St.) If your desired date is not available on-line, you can mail in a request to:
“LIVE! with Kelly” Tickets
P.O. Box 230-777
New York, NY 10023
You can include back up dates in your mailed request in case your first choice is not available. Submissions will be picked randomly from both the on-line and mailed in requests. Audience members must be at least 10 years old, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Last Minute: Standbys are encouraged to get to the studio as early as 7am (people will usually have arrived even earlier – especially on days with a very popular guest/musical act.) Seating is first come/first served with the standby line once all ticket holders have been seated.
The Today Show Tickets
• In Advance: NBC does not give out tickets to the show, as the audience is shot entirely at street level in the plaza.
• Last Minute: The Today Show films Mon-Fri from 7am-10am, people will arrive as early as 5am if they want to be close to the barricades. The taping takes place in Rockefeller Plaza on 48th St., between 5th & 6th Ave.
Wendy Williams Tickets
• In Advance: Choose the date and time you would like to attend at http://www.wendyshow.com/tickets/get-tickets/ Tapings are Mon-Wed at 10am, Thursdays at 10am & 1:45pm. You can choose up to 5 tickets – all audience members must be at least 18 years old. All guests must arrive by 8am for the 10am taping, and by 11:30am for the Thursday afternoon taping. The studio is located at 433 West 53rd Street, between 9th and 10th Ave.
• Last Minute: If you would like to try for standby tickets, you must arrive at the studio no later than 8:30am for the 10am taping, or 11:30am for the Thursday afternoon taping.